In this recipe you are getting fat from sunflower butter (and oh how good sunflower seeds are for you!) as well as from coconut oil and cocoa butter. Cold-pressed coconut oil and cocoa butter are two nice fats to work with and that, when chilled, harden and give these Sunbutter Fat Bombs their shape. Sunbutter Fat Bombs!
Sunbutter Fat Bombs
These babies do soften up pretty quick at room temperature so they must be kept in the freezer or fridge.
Be careful not to overdose on fat bombs. Too many can make sensitive tummies queasy. I start with a couple of bites, wait a bit and see if it has curbed my hunger. If not, I pop a few more in my mouth and that usually does the trick.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 2 hours
- 1/3 cup coconut oil like Nutiva
- 2 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 1 cup sunflower butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 droppers NuNaturals Pure Liquid Stevia Extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large saucepan over low, heat coconut oil, cocoa butter, sunflower butter until melted.
- Add vanilla, stevia, and raw cacao powder and stir until combined.
- Stir in coconut and raisins.
- Pour into silicon molds or into an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Pop fat bombs out of molds or slice into squares.
- Store in airtight container in freezer or refrigerator.
Some of the “Good” Fats
Though I am not qualified to give health advice, I will say that I enjoy good fat. Cold-pressed coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil and butter are pantry staples.
The beauty of fat is that it satiates. If you’ve ever had a good French meal, you know exactly what I’m talking about. How often do you get hungry after a breakfast of savory crepes with bechamel sauce? The fat in a meal like that can sustain me until dinner!
Now, I’m not saying to skip lunch, rather what I am saying is enjoy foods that satiate you and keep the sugar spikes at bay. A bag of salty corn chips (my personal crack) hits the spot, but an hour or two later I am back for more. And then afternoon rolls around and I feel gross and bloated.