Nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day than sugar-free raspberry limeade. This recipe really has nothing to do with Cabot, as it’s not made with any dairy. But it has a whole lot to do with heat and summer! Raspberry Limeade – Low Carb and Gluten Free!
Raspberry Limeade – Low Carb and Gluten Free
We had some near record-breaking heat a few weeks ago and I found myself craving something really tart and refreshing. I adore all things lime and all things raspberry. I love the combination of the two. And sugar-free raspberry limeade is the perfect way to cool off. I am sure I could use a glass after my run tomorrow morning!
Nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day than sugar-free raspberry limeade.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 1/2 cups cold water divided
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener*
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- In a medium pot, combine raspberries, 1 1/2 cups of the water, and sweetener. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the berries. Alternatively, transfer to a blender or food processor to puree.
- Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour puree into sieve. Let drain 30 minutes, pressing on berries to extract as much juice as possible.
- Pour into a pitcher and add lime juice and remaining water. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
Add more sweetener if you like yours sweet. I prefer mine quite tart and tangy.
Serves 5 to 6. For 5 servings, each serving has 5 g of carbs.