Pan-Seared Steak in Butter Sauce – Hyper simple and so flavorful! Who can resist a juicy steak, especially when it’s coated with a silky butter sauce reduction? Steak strips are marinated then quickly seared in a cast iron pan; the brown bits providing the basis for the most delish sauce ever. Dinner is ready! Pan-Seared Steak in Butter Sauce!
Pan-Seared Steak in Butter Sauce
- One 1lb (450g) flank steak, cut into strips,
- 1+2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided,
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped,
- 3 garlic cloves, minced,
- Pinch of red chili pepper flakes, to taste,
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard,
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme,
- 1 tablespoon finely minced chives,
- ½ cup beef stock (or water),
- tablespoon lemon juice,
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste,
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish.
For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce,
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or any hot sauce you like),
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Directions for Pan-Seared Steak in Butter Sauce
1. In a bowl, combine oil, Sriracha, pepper, and soy sauce. Marinate steak strips in this mixture for at least 30 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and sear quickly. Turning just once, until browned, 1–2 minutes. Transfer steak strips to a covered plate and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium and cook shallot and garlic in the same skillet, stirring occasionally, until shallot softened and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add thyme, chives, chili pepper flakes, lemon juice, mustard, and 1/2 cup beef stock. Using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. You can add the remaining of the marinade if you like. Cook, swirling the pan occasionally until the liquid is reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter, swirling the skillet to melt. Adjust seasoning pan sauce with salt and pepper.
4. Return the steak to the pan, reheat quickly, and garnish with chopped parsley and chives before serving with a side of sauteed spinach. Enjoy!
Hyper simple and so flavorful – Dinner is ready!