Baked Thai meatballs packed with fresh flavors and paired with a simple chili sauce. Low FODMAP & Paleo approved. Paleo Thai Meatballs!
Paleo Thai Meatballs – Note
Only use Tamari/gluten free soy sauce if you don’t need this to be SCD.If you’re using Tamari or another soy substitute like Braggs Aminos you may want to decrease or get rid of the extra salt all together. If you plan on using soy sauce I recommend using a low sodium chicken stock. Otherwise I really love coconut aminos as a soy free alternative.
PREP TIME 5 minutes COOK TIME 25 minutes TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
For The Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 large carrot, about 1/2 cup shredded
- 2 tbps fresh parsley chopped
- 1 red chili chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, green parts only for Low FODMAP, chopped + more for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Aminos or 1 -2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 3/4 salt to your taste
- pepper to your taste
- 1 egg
- Dash red pepper flakes
For The Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Coconut Aminos * OR 2-3 tablespoons for gluten free soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce, only if you use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 garlic clove crushed, omit for low FODMAP
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a bowl combine all of your meatball ingredients.Mix well and form into balls. If the mixture is a bit wet and sticks, wet your hand with a little water and then roll the balls.
- Place balls on lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all sauce ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. Once boiling, stir, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- When meatballs are done pour sauce over it, or use sauce as a dipping sauce.