Mozzarella Parmesan Chicken Casserole – Crisp and cheesy! This 30-minute chicken parmesan casserole is a dream come true! Seasoned chicken baked with Marinara sauce. Parmesan and mozzarella, and topped with crisp pork rind makes this delicious twist on chicken parmesan a total crowd pleaser. Paleo, gluten-free and whole30 compliant.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning,
- teaspoon garlic powder,
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper,
- Cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce (or any tomato sauce, make sure it’s no sugar added),
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese,
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional,
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rind, optional,
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil, for garnish.
- In a shallow plate, marinate chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic powder. Salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, crushed chili pepper flakes for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and lightly grease a baking dish with oil. Cooking spray or butter.
- Spread the chicken in the greased dish and pour the tomato sauce over. Top with Parmesan and shredded mozzarella. Lightly sprinkle the crushed pork rinds over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve the mozzarella parmesan chicken casserole immediately.
You can serve this chicken casserole with some low carb / keto sides such as cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Or just plain rice, pasta, bulgur or quinoa for non-keto dieters.