How pretty are these individual keto Victoria Sponges? Such a lovely addition to a fancy afternoon tea or even a dinner party keto dessert. The vanilla cake used as a base for these cakes is one of my very favourite low-carb treats. Soft, moist and very vanilla-y, it’s delicious. Low-Carb Victoria Sponge Cakes!
Low-Carb Victoria Sponge Cakes
Add a luscious layer of my Raspberry Balsamic Chia Jam or any other sugar-free chia jam and some whipped cream and you have an official slice of heaven. Enjoy!
Nutritional Values (Per Serving, 1/2 Cake)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (10%), fat (84%).
Hands-on 30 minutes Overall 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Carbs 5.4 grams
Fiber 1.8 grams
Net Carbs 3.6 grams
Protein 6.1 grams
Fat 22.1 grams
of which Saturated 9.7 grams
Calories 237 kcal
Magnesium 41 mg (10% RDA)
Potassium 155 mg (8% EMR)
Ingredients (Makes 6 Victoria Sponges)
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve or Erythritol (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 100 g cream cheese, softened (3.5 oz)
- 1/4 butter, softened (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve or Erythritol (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Balsamic Chia Jam (170 g/ 6 oz)
- Pre-heat oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the Swerve with the room temperature, softened butter, until fluffy. Add room temperature, softened cream cheese and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, beating well in between each egg. Add vanilla.
- In a bowl, place almond flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into mixture and beat until combined.
- Grease and line one large (20-22 cm/ 9 inch) or six individual (11 cm/ 4.5 inch) springform pans. Pour batter into pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, checking the cakes(s) after 45 minutes of baking. Small cakes will take less time to cook than one large cake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, remove from pan(s) and cut in half. Place cream and additional Swerve into bowl and whisk until firm whipped.
- Spread a layer of Raspberry Balsamic Jam on to one side of the cake (about 2 tbsp per sponge). Spread a layer of whipped cream on the other side and sandwich together.
- Dust with powdered Swerve, if desired. Serve a slice (if making one cake), or half of the mini cake (if making 6 mini sponges).
- Store in the refrigerator, in a container, for 2 days.