Two words. Onion. Rings. Need we say more? Make this low-carb, gluten-free rendition. They go perfectly with burgers, chicken… anything grilled. So simple and sooo delicious. Life is good! Low-Carb Onion Rings!
Low-Carb Onion Rings – Nutrition
Net carbs: 7 % 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 74 % 26 g
Protein: 19 % 15 g
- 1 jumbo onion
- 1 egg
- cup almond flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp chili powder or paprika powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), or turn on the broiler.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings, about ⅕ inch thick.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the egg in another bowl.
- Dip the onion rings in the egg batter and then in the flour mix, one at a time.
- Place the rings on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Drizzle or spray oil on the rings and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes. If you are using the broiler, keep a close eye on them; they’re done when golden brown and crisp.
To get the smell of onion off of your hands, rub your fingers with lemon juice or vinegar.