This sumptuous (and it IS sumptuous) loaf of bread will be met with cheers around your holiday table. Orange and anise seed create an aroma that’s so enticing, that it’s an actual holiday gift to yourself! Low Carb Holiday Bread!
1 loaf of bread gives 22 slices
Net carbs 6 % 2 g
Fiber 4 g
Fat 79 % 13 g
Protein 15 % 6 g
Low Carb Holiday Bread – Ingredients
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 5 tbsp flaxseed
- 4 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp holiday bread seasoning, recipe below
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 oz. cream cheese
Holiday Bread Seasoning
- 2 tbsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp anise seeds
- 2 tsp ground cardamom (green)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 C). Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix eggs, sour cream and cream cheese in a separate large bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a well-greased and paper-lined loaf pan.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 60 minutes.
- A skewer poked in the middle of the bread should come out clean when it’s done. Take the bread out of the oven, and remove it from the pan and place on a rack to cool completely. (If you leave the bread in the loaf pan, it might soften.)
- Serve it with butter and your favorite festive toppings.
This bread tastes its best fresh or toasted. Slice the bread you don’t finish the same day as baking it, and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer where it keeps for about a month.
It’s also incredibly delicious with a smear of cream cheese!