It’s the interesting dressing with Feta cheese that makes this Cucumber and Radish Salad with Feta. Red Wine Vinegar, and Buttermilk Dressing so delicious! Low Carb Cucumber and Radish Salad with Feta!
Low Carb Cucumber and Radish Salad with Feta
- 10-14 large radishes
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 T buttermilk or water
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 9 small Persian cucumbers (or other small cucumbers without large seeds)
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- Cut ends off cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into half-moon slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Wash radishes and trim ends, then cut in half lengthwise and cut into half-moon slices just slightly thinner than cucumbers. Put cucumbers and radishes into salad bowl.
- Put 1/2 cup crumbled feta into a bowl or measuring cup. Add chopped fresh thyme (or crushed dried thyme) and red wine vinegar and mash slightly with a fork. (I like to leave it a little chunky.) Stir in olive oil and buttermilk (or use regular milk or water if you prefer.)
- Stir the dressing into the salad. Season to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper (I didn’t use much salt.)
- Serve with the extra 1/4 cup crumbled feta sprinkled over the salad.
- This will keep in the fridge for a day or two, but it’s better freshly made.
Cucumber and Radish Salad with Feta, Red Wine Vinegar, and Buttermilk Dressing is a great choice for low-carb diets, and it’s also good for any phase of the South Beach Diet, or any other low-glycemic eating plan.