Cream cheese adds a lovely flavour and texture to these cream cheese cookies. Baked with coconut flour they are low carb and gluten free too. These cream cheese cookies are soft and chewy but firm up the next day after stored in the fridge. I have a cheese biscuit recipe full of butter that is melt in your mouth deliciousness so thought about making a sweet version. Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies!
Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies
The key to that recipe is the butter and cheese. So, with the sweet version, butter was in! To make it extra melt in your mouth, cream cheese was added! The mixture is very soft and gooey so needs to be rolled up and left to firm up in the fridge.
Although I kept this plain, I did have plans of dipping the cookies half in chocolate for decoration. I will confess that I ate the chocolate bar I had in the back of the cupboard. So, plain looking cookies it was! I will also confess that this happened twice. Proving that I cannot be trusted with chocolate in the cupboard. When you look at the photos imagine half of the cookie dipped in chocolate and you will know what I was going for!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons Cream cheese softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or other sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and erythritol (or sugar substitute of choice).
- Add the vanilla extra and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder and salt and beat until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Place the mixture onto a piece of wax paper (or parchment paper). Mould into a log shape, using the paper to roll out and wrap the paper around the dough and secure the ends like a Christmas cracker.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut into 1 cm slices.
- Place the slices on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden.
- 91 Calories
- 8g Fat
- 1g Protein
- 3g Total Carbs
- 2g Fibre
- 1g Net Carbs
- 3g Carbohydrates
- 1g Protein
- 8g Fat
- 2g Fiber
Makes 15 -20.