Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak is the perfect recipe for a delicious. Health and quick-fix meal. In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy a diabetes-friendly meal the whole family will love. Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Bowl!
Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Bowl
This recipe is perfect if you are cooking for either low carb eaters or people with diabetes and also for those who have no diet restrictions. Just add in a hoagie roll or hamburger bun and dinner is done.
- 10 oz boneless chicken breasts (about 2),
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce,
- 1/2 tsp onion powder,
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder,
- dash ground pepper,
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided,
- 1/2 cup diced onion fresh or frozen,
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper fresh or frozen,
- 3 slices provolone cheese or queso melting cheese,
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
- Slice chicken breasts into very thin pieces (freeze slightly if desired to make this easier) and place in a medium bowl. Add next 4 ingredients (worcestershire through ground pepper) and stir to coat chicken.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large (9″) oven proof skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until browned -about 5 minutes. Turn pieces over and cook about 2-3 minutes more or until brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to warm skillet. Then add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Cook and stir to heated and tender- 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add chicken back to skillet and stir with veggies to combine. Place sliced cheese over all and cover 2-3 minutes to melt.
- Note: Serve up in bowls for those eating low carb. Serve with warm hoagie rolls for others.