Who doesn’t love spiced nuts? Typically, they just make an appearance in my life around the holidays and are the type that are normally covered in sugar and cinnamon. Now, don’t get me wrong, obviously those are delicious but they’re not keto friendly. These low-carb and keto friendly BBQ Roasted Almonds on the other hand are absolutely perfect and worth keeping a jar around for when those crunchy snack cravings hit. Low-Carb BBQ Roasted Almonds!
Low-Carb BBQ Roasted Almonds
We’re also going a step further and activating the almonds by soaking them for 12 hours. This helps to break them down to allow for better digestion and mineral absorption. After that you’ll simply drain off the water, pat them dry, and toss with a little olive oil and the BBQ spice mixture before placing them in a warm oven to dehydrate. Once the process is done you’ll have a perfectly crunchy and smoky snack to munch on.
Nutritional Values (Per Serving, 1/4 Cup)
Hands-on 10 minutes Overall 13 hours
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (14%), fat (78%).
Total Carbs 9.3 grams
Fiber 5.1 grams
Net Carbs 4.3 grams
Protein 8 grams
Fat 19.6 grams
of which Saturated 1.6 grams
Calories 229 kcal
Magnesium 103 mg (26% RDA)
Potassium 353 mg (18% EMR)
Ingredients (Makes 8 Servings)
- 2 cups raw almonds (286 g/ 10.1 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: 1 tsp granulated Swerve or Erythritol
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place the almond in a large jar and cover with water. Soak for 12 hours. Drain off the water and spread the almonds onto a few paper towels and pat dry. Preheat the oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- In a medium sized bowl toss the dry almonds with the olive oil and spices. Spread the almonds out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake 45 minutes tossing occasionally. After 45 minutes they should be dry and crunchy. If they’re still wet in the middle continue to bake until your desired texture is reached.