It’s flavorful, nutritious, versatile, easy to prep ahead and freeze, and fun to make with kids.And it quadruples nicely. What’s not to like? Keto Zucchini Crusted Pizza!
Ingredients for Keto Zucchini Crusted Pizza
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten,
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese,
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium), squeezed dry,
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour,
- tablespoon olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil,
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme.
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, julienned,
- Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese,
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni.
Directions for Keto Zucchini Crusted Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450°. Mix first eight ingredients; transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated generously with cooking spray.
- Spread mixture to an 11-in. circle.
- Bake until light golden brown, 13-16 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°. Add toppings.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes longer.
1 slice: 219 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat). 95mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber) 14g protein.
Diabetic exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Keto Zucchini Crusted Pizza
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.