Fluffy, cheesy, egg goodness. This keto take on the classic omelet is even better than what they serve up at the diner! Bursting with tasty ham, peppers and onion, it’s the ultimate combo – whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Keto Western Omelet!
Keto Western Omelet
Tips : Pair with a fresh, green salad. If you like to keep it spicy, serve with Tabasco or Sriracha sauce, or jalepenos on the side. Yes!
Net carbs: 3 % (6 g)
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 74 % (58 g)
Protein: 23 % (40 g)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. shredded cheese
- 2 oz. butter
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 5 oz. smoked deli ham, diced
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream/sour cream until fluffy. Add salt and pepper.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat; sauté the diced ham, onion and peppers for a few minutes. Add the egg mixture and fry until the omelet is almost firm. Be extra mindful not to burn the edges.
- Reduce the heat after a little while. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and fold the omelet.
- Serve immediately… and enjoy!