Fluffy, cheesy, egg goodness! This keto take on the classic omelet is even better than what they serve up at the diner! Bursting with tasty ham, peppers and onion, it’s the ultimate combo – whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Keto Western Omelet!
Keto Western Omelet – Nutrition
- Net carbs: 3 % 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Fat: 73 % 56 g
- Protein: 23 % 40 g
- kcal: 687
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. shredded cheese, divided
- 2 oz. butter
- 5 oz. smoked deli ham, diced
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cream until fluffy.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Sauté the diced ham, onion and peppers for a few minutes.
- Add the egg mixture and fry until the omelet is almost firm. Be extra mindful not to burn the edges.
- Reduce the heat after a little while. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and fold the omelet.
- Cut the omelet in half, serve immediately.