Eggs, the essential component of any American breakfast! You’ve had them every which way. Scrambled, sunny side up, over easy, over medium… But have you had them baked in an avocado? Neither had I until I got tired of eating my avocado alongside my eggs. No longer shall eggs and avocados be separated at the breakfast table! Keto Vegan Avocado Baked Eggs!
Keto Vegan Avocado Baked Eggs
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients for Keto Vegan Avocado Baked Eggs
- 1 avocado, medium sized,
- 2 eggs,
- shredded cheddar cheese,
- kosher salt,
- freshly ground black pepper.
Instructions for Keto Vegan Avocado Baked Eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. With a spoon, carve out enough avocado to make room for the egg.
- Place avocado halves onto the backside of muffin pan to stabilize them while cooking.
- Crack open an egg into each half of the avocado. Depending on the size of your egg, you may have excess egg white.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle halves with cheese and place pan in the oven for 13-16 mins depending on the yolk consistency you desire.
- Serve immediately, top with Sriracha for a little kick of flavor.