Hearty and spicy like you daydream about. Loaded with classic Tex-Mex goodness. Minus the carbs — this easy keto casserole will satisfy all your south-of-the-border cravings. And say goodbye to store-bought guac and packaged taco seasonings! Making your own is simple, healthy and delicious. Keto Tex-Mex Casserole!
Keto Tex-Mex Casserole
Don’t be scared to recreate the flavors of Texas and Mexico right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Making your own Tex-Mex seasoning blend kicks sugar out the door and puts you in the driver’s seat. And, since variety is the spice of life, play around a little!
Switch in hot smoked paprika or smoked salt. Grind up dried specialty peppers, or chop up a chipotle in adobo sauce. Taste as you go and you can’t go wrong! Your Tex-Mex experience will be elevated to the next level.
- 25 oz. ground beef,
- 2 oz. butter,
- 3 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning,
- 7 oz. crushed tomatoes,
- 2 oz. pickled jalapeños,
- 7 oz. shredded cheese, for example Monterey Jack.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the ground beef in butter on medium high heat, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add Tex-Mex seasoning and crushed tomatoes. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Taste to see if if needs additional salt and pepper.
- Place the ground-beef mixture in a greased baking dish (about 9″ or 23 cm in diameter). Top with jalapeños and cheese.
- Bake on upper rack in oven for 15–20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Chop the scallion finely and mix with the crème fraiche or sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Serve the casserole warm with a dollop of the crème fraiche or sour cream, guacamole and a green salad.