This Keto Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe is my go to recipe when making a pot roast for my family. It is a recipe that is embedded in my memory. And I do not have to look anything up and most of the time I have all the ingredients on hand. Keto Slow Cooker Pot Roast!
Keto Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Some people always ask why I place butter on top of my meats when I cook them. Well adding butter helps tenderize the meat and give it good flavor. It is just my personal preference so if you want to skip on the butter you certainly can. It is a great way to add healthy fat too if you are eating a high fat low carb diet.
Be sure to try this slow cooker recipe soon, you will not be disappointed! This recipe is included in our popular Beginner Keto Meal Plan. This Recipe is so easy and the low carb leftovers are perfect to take to work the next day!
- 3-5 pound chuck roast
- 1 cup baby carrots you may want to omit if Keto
- 2 celery stalks cut in pieces
- 1 small white onion quartered
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 Tbsp butter cut in slices
- You can also add rutabaga kohlrabi, parsnip, mushrooms, bok choy, radish, or other low carb veggie that you prefer.
- Place vegetables (carrots, celery and onion) in bottom of the crockpot.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic, pepper and parsley.
- Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Place butter slices on top.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast and veggies from slow cooker onto a platter.
- Serve and enjoy!!!