A keto shrimp scampi recipe! Because when you put your mind to it, anything can become a pasta noodle. To keep the carbs low and transform traditional shrimp scampi into a healthy meal, we replaced linguine noodles with summer squash. Yep, that’s right; squash noodles. Keto Shrimp Scampi!
Keto Shrimp Scampi
Super easy! First, you cut up the squash noodles as described above. Then, you get started on the sauce. The sauce is straightforward: melted butter, a bit of chicken broth (you can use wine though!), red chili flakes, and some lemon juice. Add in your shrimp, shell on or off – up to you, and simmer until they start to turn pink.
Drop the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper (which if you’re anything like me, loosely translates to “season generously“), then throw the rest of the ingredients in the pan. Give the noodles and parsley a good toss in the sauce, get the shrimp spread out nice and evenly throughout the dish. Voila! Keto shrimp scampi!
- 2 summer squash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp deveined
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Cut summer squash into noodle shapes using a spiralizer tool.
- Spread noodles out on top of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- Blot the excess moisture away or lightly wring out with dry paper towels. In a saute or frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and red chili flakes. Bring to a light boil, then add in shrimp. Simmer until shrimp begin to turn pink and reduce heat to low.
- Taste the sauce, then mix in salt and pepper to your liking. Add the summer squash noodles and parsley to the pan and toss to distribute the shrimp and coat the noodles in sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.