To make the most out of your pumpkin, you really have to try these waffles. If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can use the mixture to make delicious low-carb pancakes! Adding pumpkin purée to baked goods makes them moist and soft, while keeping them low in carbs. Keto Pumpkin Spiced Waffles!
Keto Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
Coconut oil, which is one of my favourite ingredients, makes the waffles moist, adds flavour, has many health benefits and helps with weight loss.
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5.6%), protein (22.4%), fat (72.1%).
Total Carbs 8.6 grams
Fiber 4.1 grams
Net Carbs 4.5 grams
Protein 18.2 grams
Fat 26.1 grams
of which Saturated 18.4 grams
Calories 337 kcal
Potassium 202 mg
Ingredients (makes 2 servings, 4 waffles)
- 2 large eggs, free-range or organic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or butter (grass-fed), melted (I like Biona virgin coconut oil, 30 ml / 1.1 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée, BPA-free, canned or home-made (50g / 1.8 oz)
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla or plain (artificial additives and hormone free) or use more coconut flour (+ 1/2 – 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (30 ml / 1.1 fl oz)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour (18g / 0.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp Erythritol (non GMO) or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list (20g / 0.8 oz)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix (you can make your own)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3-6 drops liquid Stevia extract (Clear / Vanilla / Cinnamon) or more to taste
- optional: 1/4 cup crème fraîche / sour cream / plain full fat yogurt or coconut cream (60g / 2.2 oz)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them with melted coconut oil, Erythritol and Stevia.
- Add the pumpkin purée and process until smooth.
- Pour in the cream (or coconut milk) and mix well.
- Add protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda and the gingerbread spice mix.
- Preheat the waffle maker, typically, in the closed position. Do not pour the batter in until it’s heated according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Close the waffle maker and cook for a minute or two. Time depends on the waffle maker.
- When done, place on a serving plate.