I am in love with this Low Carb Lemon Pound Cake Keto Friendly Recipe! Seriously, it’s hard to tell it’s low carb when you compare it to the regular flour based pound cake recipes. Rich and buttery! It’s definitely sweet but not overly sweet. It’s perfect! Keto Lemon Pound Cake!
Keto Lemon Pound Cake – Nutrition
Total Fat 20.9 g 32%
Cholesterol 121 mg 40%
Sodium 171.3 mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g 8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 8 g 16%
Vitamin A 131.4 µg 9%
Vitamin C 0.1 mg 0%
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold butter
- 1.5 cups Swerve powdered sugar substitute
- 8 whole eggs (set out at room temperature)
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract (we also like to add some lemon zests too)
- 1 tsp lemon extract (I also added some lemon zest from the outside of the lemon too)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Lemon Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve sugar substitute
- tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: add 4oz cream cheese for a thicker frosting (not counted in nutritional numbers below)
- In a medium size bowl, cream together the butter and Swerve sweetener until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Add the cream cheese and continue mixing it until the ingredients are fully blended together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and lemon extract and continue mixing it with the hand mixer until all ingredients are blended together.
- Finally, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until there are no clumps in the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Pour the batter into two mini bread pans on one regular size bread loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into two mini bread pans on one regular size bread loaf pan. Make sure to spray the loaf pans with a non-stick cooking spray first.
- Bake the 3 mini loaf pans for about 35 minutes or one loaf pan for about 60 minutes. You want to stick a toothpick (or knife) in the center of the lemon pound cake loaf to test to make sure the middle is done. When you remove the toothpick, it should be clean. If there is any batter on it, it needs to bake for a bit longer.
- When the pound cake is baking, start making the lemon frosting.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the Swerve powdered sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. Use a hand mixer and blend it on high until all the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Wait until the pound cake has completely cooled before you apply the frosting or else it will melt.
- This recipe makes a total of 16 small servings at 255 calories, 22 g fat, 3.4 net carbs and 6.8 g protein per serving.