This low carb keto lasagna recipe is easy to make and tastes just like the real thing. In fact, over the years, I have been told many times that it should be called “Better Than the Real Thing” lasagna. When I was first starting a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle. I really wanted a low carb and gluten free pasta substitution. Keto Lasagna!
That enticing flavor mash-up of creamy cheese, hearty tomato sauce, and seasoned ground beef… not to mention garlic and onions. Wait no longer. This keto version is the ultimate comfort food.
Want to change things up and make it a little easier? You can substitute thinly sliced zucchini for the low-carb lasagna sheets. If you don’t want the crunchy texture you can place the slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle salt on them. This will draw liquid from the zucchini and make it softer.
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 25 oz. ground beef
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, minced onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until the meat is browned. Perhaps even the day before, for a more flavorful result.
- Add tomato paste and spices.
- Stir thoroughly and add water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and let simmer for at least 15 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, make the lasagna sheets according to instructions below.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Mix shredded cheese with sour cream and most of the Parmesan cheese.
- Reserve one or two tablespoons for topping. Add salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- Place lasagna sheets and pasta sauce in layers in a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Spread the crème fraîche mixture and the remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the lasagna has a nicely browned surface.
- Serve with a green salad and your favorite dressing.