Prepare this hearty-zesty Italian-inspired beef stew in your Instant Pot or slow cooker. And let the comforting rich aromas pamper your taste buds! Serve with cauliflower mash or cauliflower rice for a flawless nourishing low-carb dinner. Keto Italian Beef!
Keto Italian Beef – Nutrition
Net carbs: 3 % (4 g)
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 60 % (34 g)
Protein: 37 % (47 g)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup red onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 lbs boneless top sirloin steak or rump beef roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups unsweetened marinara sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- fresh thyme or fresh oregano, for garnish (optional)
- Place the butter in a 6-quart Instant Pot and press Sauté. Once melted, add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Press Cancel to stop the Sauté.
- Add the cubed roast, marinara, broth, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Seal the lid, press Pressure Cook or Manual, and set the timer for 25 minutes. Once finished, let the pressure release naturally.
- Serve the meat with the sauce from the pot. Garnish with fresh thyme or oregano.
Slow Cooker Method
Skip the butter or coconut oil in Step 1. Place the marinara, broth, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine. Place the cubed roast in the marinara mixture. Cover and cook on low for six hours or until the roast is fork-tender. Proceed to step 4.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to one month. To reheat, place in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until warmed through.