Here’s a delicious and healthy cold shrimp salad with avocado. Tomatoes, feta cheese, and lemon juice. Having an early autumn cookout and making this shrimp avocado salad as a side dish. You’ll love all of the flavors and textures in this salad, with ripe avocado chunks. Seared shrimp, chopped cilantro leaves, fresh tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese. Keto Easy Salad With Shrimp!
Keto Easy Salad With Shrimp
This is a fairly simple recipe, and only takes around 5 minutes for cooking the shrimp plus 15 minutes for prepping and tossing the salad together. It’s also very refreshing in taste and healthy to boot — low in carbs, packed with good fats, with plenty of protein and vitamins.
You can cook the shrimp a number of different ways — pan searing, boiling, or grilling. I prefer the taste and flavor of pan seared shrimp in butter over boiled shrimp, and I find pan searing to be the easiest option. Any method of cooking will work here, as long as you cool the shrimp before mixing them with the rest of the salad fixings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Vitamin A 44% · Vitamin C 54% · Calcium 16% · Iron 8%
Total Fat 33 g 50%
Saturated Fat 12 g 61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143 mg 48%
Sodium 1250 mg 52%
Potassium 600 mg 17%
Total Carb 12.5 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g 25%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 24 g
- 8 ounces shrimp peeled, deveined, patted dry
- 1 large avocado diced
- Small beefsteak tomato diced and drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Toss shrimp with melted butter in a bowl until well-coated.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat for a few minutes until hot.
- Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer, searing for a minute or until it starts to become pink around the edges, then flip and cook until shrimp are cooked through, less than a minute.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate as they finish cooking. Let them cool while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Add all other ingredients to a large mixing bowl — diced avocado, diced tomato, feta cheese, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper — and toss to mix.Add shrimp and stir to mix together.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.