Feel like hot cereal this morning? For satisfying, warm-in-the-belly comfort food, check out this keto delight. Pure happiness in a bowl! Keto Coconut Porridge!
The Health Benefits Of Coconut
Classed as a fruit and frequently confused for being a nut, the coconut is actually a one-seeded drupe. In Sanskrit, the coconut palm is known as kalpa vriksha. Tree which gives all that is necessary for living’ because nearly all parts can be used, the water, milk, flesh, sugar and oil.
Even the husks and leaves are used as materials in furnishings and decoration. Palm trees produce coconuts up to 13 times a year and although it takes a year for the coconuts to mature, a fully blossomed tree can produce between 60-180 coconuts in a single harvest.
Keto Coconut Porridge Nutrition
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 7 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 pinches ground psyllium husk powder
- 3 pinches salt
- 2 oz. butter or coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, psyllium husk powder ,the egg, and salt.
- Over low heat, melt the butter and coconut cream.
- Slowly whisk in the egg mixture, combining until you achieve a creamy, thick texture.
- Serve with coconut milk or cream.
- Top your porridge with a few fresh or frozen berries and …
If you find yourself with leftover coconut milk, put some into your next smoothie. It will thicken it up a bit and make it richer and more filling.
Coconut belongs to the Palm family. Grown in abundance in Malaysia, Polynesia and southern Asia, Spanish explorers named the cocos – meaning ‘grinning face’. Because of the three little eyes on the base which they thought resembled a monkey.