These savoury muffins are packed full of flavour. The trick to making them really special is by roasting the cauliflower first which results in a rich caramelised flavour. Keto Cheesy Cauliflower Muffins!
Keto Cheesy Cauliflower Muffins
These keto-friendly muffins freeze really well so are a great make-ahead snack. They’re delicious served on their own with a slather of butter, or create delicious keto croutons by crumbling them over your favorite salad.
Nutritional Values (Per Muffin)
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (20%), fat (73%).
Hands-on 30 minutes Overall 1 hour
Total Carbs 6 grams
Fiber 2.5 grams
Net Carbs 3.5 grams
Protein 10.2 grams
Fat 16.4 grams
of which Saturated 4.5 grams
Calories 204 kcal
Magnesium 47 mg (12% RDA)
Potassium 230 mg (12% EMR)
Ingredients (Makes 10 Muffins)
- 1 small cauliflower (300 g/ 10.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 2 tbsp whole psyllium husks (8 g/ 0.3 oz)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup organic full-fat milk (60 ml) – see note below
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml)
- cup grated cheddar cheese (113 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
Note: Although milk is typically not allowed on a keto diet due to the relatively high carb count, a small amount of organic full-fat can be used. Instead of full-fat milk you can use 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of heavy whipping cream and 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of water. Or you can substitute it with 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk.
- Preheat oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F. Roughly chop cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Place in a baking tray with the oil and salt and toss to combine. Bake for 25 mins, stirring half way through.
- Place dry ingredients (almond flour, psyllium husks, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper and baking powder) in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the eggs, milk and water to another bowl and whisk together. Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold through the cheeses and cauliflower.
- Divide evenly amongst prepared pans (you should be able to make 10 muffins). Sprinkle with a little extra smoked paprika. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin for five minutes, and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in the fridge up to five days, or freeze for up to three months.