Cheeseburgers… Mmmm. Why are they so dang delicious? Even when I’m trying to eat lighter I still won’t deny myself a cheeseburger. That’s when these lettuce wrapped babies make an appearance! Keto Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps!
Keto Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps
A flavorful burger topped with cheese. Tomato, and a mouth-watering spread is always a winning combo. Wrap it up in a nice piece of lettuce and you won’t even miss the bun.
I know you should not use lean ground beef if you want juicy burgers, but when I’m trying to watch calories I use 93% lean beef for these and they are still amazing as ever. I add a few extra things that make these burgers so yummy!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef,
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt,
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano,
- 6 slices American cheese,
- 2 large heads iceburg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper,
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin,
- small red onion, sliced thin.
- Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
- Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid over-crowding.)
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread (see recipe below), one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve.