This Keto Butter Chicken recipe is one of the top dinner recipes on our food blog. It has all the strong flavors you’re used to from Indian food. And it is remarkably easy to make. The best way to serve this keto butter chicken is over a bed of cauliflower rice for a delicious low carb dinner. Keto Butter Chicken!
Keto Butter Chicken
In this version we’re using chicken breast but feel free to use whatever type of chicken you want. Usually we will just go with what is on sale that week. Skinless is preferred because the sauce prevents the skin from getting crispy.
It might sound odd to you but cinnamon is actually a big part of traditional Indian recipes. While this isn’t the most traditional butter chicken recipe, the cinnamon still adds the perfect compliment to the spice blend used.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 medium Onion
- 1.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut the chicken up into bite sized chunks and generously coat them in the turmeric, ginger, salt, chili powder and cinnamon. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the butter. As the butter melts dice the onion and garlic and add it to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook it almost entirely through – the outside should be white and this will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the chicken looks almost fully cooked add in the heavy whipping cream and tomato paste. Using a spatula mix in the tomato paste so it runs smooth through the heavy whipping cream. It should be an orange color at this point. Turn the heat to medium-low and cover with a lid for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and combine. The chicken is fully cooked and you should be able to eat it. However, if you like a thicker curry sauce allow it to reduce with the lid off until it reaches the consistency you like.
- Serve with low carb naan or over cauliflower rice.