These savoury cookies are a delicious alternative to their sweet version. Although I don’t snack often, I like to have an occasional treat and savoury always seems to be a better option. These cookies go great when dipped in cream cheese or even Guacamole. Keto Bacon & Onion Cookies!
Keto Bacon & Onion Cookies – Nutritional Values
- Calories from carbs 6%
- Protein 18%
- Fat 76%
- Total carbs 4.3 grams
- Fiber 2.7 grams
- Sugars 0.7 grams
- Saturated fat 1.1 grams
- Sodium 180 mg(8% RDA)
- Magnesium 52 mg(13% RDA)
- Potassium 143 mg(7% EMR)
- 1 ½ cup almond flour (150g / 5.3 oz)
- 1/3 cup flaxmeal (50g / 1.3 oz)
- Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 large eggs, free-range or organic
- 4 slices crisped up, crumbled bacon – bacon fat removed (32 g / 1.1 oz)
- ½ tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan rock salt
- freshly ground pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Total Time: 27 minutes
- If you need to crisp up the bacon, preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the bacon slices on top of it and place in the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes until crispy brown. When done, remove from the oven and set aside. Reduce the temperature to 350 F / 175 C.
- Meanwhile, place all the dry ingredients into a bowl (almond flour, flax meal, psyllium husk powder, onion powder, salt and pepper) and mix until well combined.
- If you don’t have onion powder, you can use dried onion flakes and blend them until powdered. Also, make sure you don’t use whole psyllium husks – blend the psyllium husks until powdered if needed.
- Add the egg…
… and process well using your hands.
- Crumble or slice the bacon and add to the dough. Process well using your hands. Reserve the bacon fat and use for other recipes.
- Using your hand, create 12 equal balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to press and flatten the dough.
- Transfer into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on the cookies. Almond flour gets burnt easily and the cookies would taste bitter. When done, the cookies should be golden brown. Store at room temperature covered with a kitchen towel or in a container.