Avocado toast is not just for breakfast anymore. These avocado crostini are topped with a tomato and herb relish and are the perfect simple appetizer for any occasion! Keto Avocado Crostini!
Keto Avocado Crostini
This recipe for avocado crostini starts with a french baguette. The bread is sliced, brushed with a little olive oil, then baked to a crispy golden brown. Next comes the avocado – since the avocado is really the star of this recipe, you’ll want to make sure you have a perfectly ripe specimen.
The avocado is thinly sliced and layered onto the crostini. I topped the crostini with a tomato, olive oil and herb mixture. I did a combination of red and yellow cherry tomatoes because I loved the color contrast, but you could use a single variety if you prefer. This recipe is a great way to showcase all those colorful heirloom tomatoes that are starting to pop up at the farmers market.
- Calories: 174 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 202 mg
- Potassium: 245 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Vitamin A: 1.5 %
- Vitamin C: 6.2 %
- Calcium: 3.2 %
- Iron: 7 %
- 12 slices of baguette
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil divided use
- 2 large or 3 small ripe avocados peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of diced tomato or sliced cherry tomatoes red, yellow or both
- 3 tablespoons of minced herbs such as basil parsley, dill, cilantro or a combination
- coarse salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, herbs, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt to taste. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top each piece with a few slices of avocado.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the tomato mixture over the top of the avocado and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve immediately.