So let’s be real…tacos are usually a quick and easy option, whether making them in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop. The reason I love Instant Pot Tacos is because I can make the meat ahead of time if needed and the pot will keep it warm (much like a crockpot.) Instant Pot Taco Meat!
Instant Pot Taco Meat
First, make your taco seasoning! I love this homemade version because I can use it in so many things and it doesn’t contain any MSG, extra sodium, or other additives found in the store bought packets.
Brown your ground meat in the Instant Pot using the saute function. While the meat is browning, chop the onions and peppers. Add everything to the pot and set for 8 minutes!
Instant Pot Taco Meat Variations
Instead of ground turkey or beef, try venison or ground chicken. Add one cup of your favorite salsa or canned diced tomatoes in place of the tomato sauce.
Bulk up the mixture with additional veggies such as finely diced mushrooms, zucchini, or carrot – just add to the pot! Meal Prep tip: prepare taco bowls with taco meat, cauliflower rice, and your favorite toppings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper any color
- 1 cup unsalted tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco & fajita seasoning see recipe below
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Using the saute function on your Instant Pot, brown the meat in the oil.
- Turn off saute function.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Set pot for 8 minutes on Manual function.
- When cycle is complete, quick release the pressure (or wait 10 minutes for natural release.)
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
- Calories 194 kcal
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Protein 21 g
- Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 83 mg
- Sodium 88 mg
- Potassium 419 mg
- Sugar 2 g
- Vitamin A 10.8 %
- Vitamin C 19.5 %
- Calcium 3.2 %
- Iron 10.8 %