This Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese recipes are perfect any day of the week. The trick to this extra creamy and cheesy mac and cheese is evaporated milk and a combination of sharp cheddar and parmesan cheese! It’s everything you in a rich mac and cheese! Instant Pot Mac & Cheese!
Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
This is the BEST Instant Pot Mac and Cheese! Made extra creamy with a secret ingredient plus sharp cheddar & parmesan cheese. It can be made in just 4 minutes with your electric pressure cooker.
I’ve been excited about my Instant Pot for quite a while now… I can honestly say that I use it at least a few times a week. This Cheesy Southwestern Lentils & Brown Rice dish made in the Instant Pot makes a regular appearance for Meatless Mondays, I use it to make bone broth (much quicker than my previous slow cooker bone broth), I even use it to reheat leftovers, since we don’t have a microwave. But my excitement reached a new level when I found out that I could make Instant Pot Mac and Cheese in under 15 minutes from start to finish!
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 225
Total Fat 25 g 38%
Saturated Fat 15 g 75%
Cholesterol 77 mg 26%
Sodium 939 mg 39%
Potassium 393 mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g 21%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 28 g 56%
Vitamin A 14.8%
Vitamin C 1.3%
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 4 minutes Total time: 15 minutes
- Mix the macaroni, water, mustard, and salt in your Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press “Manual” and adjust the timer to 4 minutes (or half the time on the macaroni cooking directions). Check that the cooking pressure is on “high” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing”.
- When time is up, open the IP using “Quick Pressure Release”. Stir the pasta to break it up.
- Add the evaporated milk, cheese, butter and nutmeg; stir until completely incorporated the and cheese has melted and coated the pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve immediately.