Because there is no beans in this chili, it’s already paleo since it’s basically just meat, vegetables and spices! Just make sure your ground beef is grass fed is you want it to be truly paleo! Instant Pot Keto Chili!
Instant Pot Keto Chili
This No Bean Whole30 Keto Chili in the Instant Pot is a meat lovers dream! A paleo chili recipe that’s a healthy weeknight dinner for the whole family!
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 Cup Celery sliced
- Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Lb Grass-fed 85% lean Ground beef
- 4 1/2 tsp Chile powder
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/6 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Can Crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup Parsley minced
- Pour 1 Tbsp of the oil in your Instant Pot and turn it to saute mode.
- Once hot, saute the onion, pepper, celery and garlic until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil, along with the beef and cook until it begins to turn brown, about 3-4 minutes. Drain the excess fat.
- Add in the chili powder, paprika, cayenne and Allspice and cook until the beef is totally brown and no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, and stir until well combined. Cover the Instant Pot (make sure it’s set to sealing) and turn it to manual mode (it should immediately be set for high pressure) set it for 10 minutes. Once cooked, let it steam release naturally.
- Once the steam is released, remove the lid and turn it to saute mode. Cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until some of the water is evaporated.
- Stir in the parsley and DEVOUR!
Chili Without Beans
People have very strong feelings about chili and whether or not it should include beans. I like it both ways, but if you’re eating a low carb diet, you should probably skip the beans. They’re loaded with carbs.
This keto chili recipe is plenty hearty and filling without the beans. Bet you don’t even miss them.