Calling all quick + easy dinner lovers! This Keto Beef Stew is made in the Instant Pot. Or slow cooker if you don’t have one, meaning it comes together in under 40 minutes and you’ll only have to clean one dish. High in protein, Vitamin K, B6, B12 and Zinc. It’s a nutritional powerhouse that’s so delicious, nobody will ever guess it’s healthy, too! Instant Pot Keto Beef Stew!
Instant Pot Keto Beef Stew
Is Beef Stew Really Healthy? Generally speaking, beef stew is already a really healthy, nourishing dinner choice, Keto or not. It’s full of seasonal veggies and when you make it with grass-fed beef and collagen-rich bone broth… fuhgeddaboudit!
Plus, this beef stew recipe is high in protein, Vitamin K (great for bone and blood health, critical for hormone balance). B6 (helps the body metabolize fats, improves brain health and mood, and helps you sleep better), B12 (energy and metabolism booster), and Zinc (super important for digestion, fertility, thyroid and clear skin). It’s a nutritional powerhouse that’s so delicious. Nobody will ever guess it’s healthy, too!
- 2 tablespoons organic, grass-fed butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 pound organic, grass-fed beef cubed (I recommend chuck roast cut)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 5 ounces mixed wild mushrooms
- 1 cup organic green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cup diced potatoes OPTIONAL
- 2 organic, grass-fed beef marrow bones (can substitute 4 cups organic, grass-fed beef bone broth if preferred)
- 4 cups filtered water (omit if using bone broth instead of marrow bones)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large bay leaf
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chives + Parsley to garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and add the butter.
- Once hot, add the onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef cubes, season with salt and pepper, and brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 1 minute. Pour the red wine over top and use a wooden spatula to scrape up any browned bits.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add the remaining ingredients. Screw on the lid and set to High Pressure, Manual for 15 minutes.
- Release steam when finished cooking. Remove the marrow bones, if using, and the bay leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
What is Ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control (refractory) epilepsy in children. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. Normally, the carbohydrates contained in food are converted into glucose, which is then transported around the body and is particularly important in fueling brain function. However, if little carbohydrate remains in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies.