Sunflower seeds are keto-friendly and high in magnesium. They are also a fantastic source of vitamin E and can improve your lipid profile. So, for your nut challenged friends, you’re welcome. Enjoy! Healthy Roasted Thyme Sunflower Seeds!
Healthy Roasted Thyme Sunflower Seeds – Nutritional Values
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (13%), fat (80%).
Hands-on 5 minutes Overall 25 minutes
Total Carbs 7 grams
Fiber 3 grams
Net Carbs 4 grams
Protein 7.3 grams
Fat 19.9 grams
of which Saturated 2.7 grams
Calories 222 kcal
Magnesium 114 mg (29% RDA)
Potassium 240 mg (12% EMR)
Ingredients (Makes 4 Cups)
- 4 cups sunflower seeds (560 g/ 1.2 lb)
- 2 tbsp ghee, butter or extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F.
- Melt the ghee in the microwave, carefully. Place the sunflower seeds, thyme and salt into a bowl. Pour over melted ghee and mix thoroughly until well coated.
- Spread out onto a lined baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent burning. You want to take the seeds just a touch past your usual point, until they’re well browned, it really enhances the end result.
- Store in a covered jar, covered, for up to 1 month.