To make sausage meat, I use outdoor reared ground pork, organic almond flour, fresh herbs and spices. When buying pork, make sure it comes from outdoor reared sources. Pastured meat may cost more but you can save money by buying it locally and in bulk. Full English Kebabs!
Full English Kebabs – Nutrition
- Net carbs 6.2 grams
- Protein 38.2 grams
- Fat 45.8 grams
- Calories 594 kcal
- Calories from carbs 4%
- protein 26%
- fat 70%
- Total carbs 9.8 grams
- Fiber 3.6 grams
- Sugars 3.7 grams
- Saturated fat 12.3 grams
- Sodium 823 mg(36% RDA)
- Magnesium 87 mg(22% RDA)
- Potassium 907 mg(45% EMR)
Homemade sausage meat:
- 400 g ground pork, outdoor reared (14.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (50 g / 1.8 oz)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (70 g / 2.5 oz)
- Tsp fresh lemon zest from organic lemon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried)
- Tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- Tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard (you can make your own)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan)
- homemade sausage meat (recipe above)
- 6 slices bacon, outdoor-reared and cut widthwise into 12 slices or Parma ham
- 1 1/2 cup white mushrooms (150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (150 g / 5.3 oz)
Note: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives). If you don’t want to use bacon, try Parma ham.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Wash and finely chop the herbs. Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wash and zest the lemon and place in a bowl with the ground pork, herbs, chopped onion, almond flour and nutmeg.
- Add the mustard and mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, create 12 small kebabs. Wrap each kebab in a bacon slice and set aside.
- Start assembling the kebabs on the skewers. Pierce 2 kebabs on each (6 skewers with 2 kebabs each). Alternate with the mushrooms and tomatoes and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and try with fried egg, Ultimate Keto Buns or crispy green salad.