We cracked the code to make these delicious keto chicken tenders (also known as chicken fingers, chicken goujons, or chicken strips). They are perfect for a snack or for a full lunch. This mouthwatering low carb fried chicken will make your friends and family love you. They won’t even know that it’s low carb. Fried Chicken Tenders!
Fried Chicken Tenders Ingredients
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Slice your chicken breast to produce lengthwise ribbons.
- Smash the spices and garlic clove in a mortar. Coat the chicken with the crushed spices and garlic. Crack the egg in the chicken bowl. Mix together with the sour cream and lemon juice. Fold gently to drench the chicken in the seasonings.
- Cover the chicken with the lid and chill in the fridge for about an hour, flipping the pieces occasionally to marinate thoroughly. After an hour, remove the liquid to make sure the meat is not too wet and soggy.
- Pour the almond flour in a container with a lid. Transfer the seasoned chicken into the container. Replace the lid and shake well to coat the chicken with enough flour.
- Set a deep fryer to 375°F and pour in the oil in.
- Once the oil becomes hot enough, deep fry the chicken strips for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately once the strips become golden.
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 10.7g
- Net carbs: 2.1g (total carbs: 2.9g, dietary fiber: 0.8g)
- Protein: 30.1g