I can’t imagine summer without fresh healthy salads. Salads made with leafy greens and non-starchy vegetables are great for lunch boxes and busy days. This dressing adds great flavour and is made with healthy fats. Olive oil is high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and MCT oil will help you kick-start fat loss. You can keep the dressing in the fridge and just drizzle over crunchy lettuce, tomatoes and other seasonal veggies. Fat-Burning Salad Dressing!
Fat-Burning Salad Dressing – Nutrition
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (1.6%), protein (0.7%), fat (97.7%).
Total Carbs 0.9 grams
Fiber 0.1 grams
Net Carbs 0.8 grams
Protein 0.4 grams
Fat 21.3 grams
of which Saturated 6.7 grams
Calories 192 kcal
Magnesium and potassium trace
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, you can make your own (55 g / 1.9 oz)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, you can make your own
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste (I like pink Himalayan salt)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs of choice (parsley, oregano, basil, chives, etc.)
Suggestions for additional seasoning and substitutions:
- 1/2 garlic powder instead of crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder or 1-2 tsp freshly chopped chili pepper
- Tbsp Sriracha – you can make your own
- 1 tbsp ketchup (you can make your own) and 1/2 tsp onion powder
- other healthy oils instead of olive oil and / or MCT oil: avocado, macadamia or walnut oils are my favourites
- Notes: When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Peel and crush the garlic. Put the mayo, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, olive oil and MCT oil in a jar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add finely chopped herbs (I used parsley).
- Cover with a lid and shake until well combined. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Shake well before drizzling over salads.