If I had to name one thing that I do like about the Keto diet. It would have to be coming up with fat bomb recipes such as this Almond Pistachio Fudge. I must admit that fat bombs are a fun and tasty way to boost one’s daily fat intake. Fat Bombs Almond Pistachio!
Fat Bombs Almond Pistachio
Still, the principle doesn’t sit all that well with me. I just don’t find it natural, that’s all. I mean, it’s good as a temporary measure, but in my mind’s eye, there is something wrong with the mere fact that I have to incorporate these into my daily feeds in order to reach my dietary goals. These kinds of things should be considered a treat, not regular food.
Yet, I can’t think of any other decent way to boost my daily fat intake. AH! Maybe it’s just that I don’t have enough imagination as to how to use fat efficiently any other way, yet. Or maybe it’s just the pastry chef in me who always wants to shine through and have her (LOUD) voice heard.
- ½ cup cacao butter, finely chopped and melted
- 1 cup all natural roasted almond butter (or make your own)
- cup creamy coconut butter (or make your own)
- 1 cup coconut oil, firm
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- ¼ cup ghee (or make your own)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (or make your own)
- 2 tsp chai spice
- ¼ tsp pure almond extract
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup raw shelled pistachios, chopped
- Grease and line a 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little bit hanging on either side for easy unmolding. Set aside.
- Melt the cacao butter in a small saucepan set over low heat or in the microwave, stirring often regardless of which option you chose. Reserve.
- Add all the ingredients, except for cacao butter and shelled pistachios, to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer, starting on low speed and progressively moving to high until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture becomes light and airy.
- Pour the melted cacao butter right into the almond mixture and resume mixing on low speed until it’s well incorporated.
- Transfer to prepared pan, spread as evenly as possible and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate until completely set, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Cut into 36 squares and splurge!