For starters, I think the name fat bomb gives this recipe a bad rap. Yes, they are full of fat. But it is GOOD fat. If you google fat bomb, you will find tons of delicious and healthy recipes. Fat Bomb Caramel Apple Pie!
Fat Bomb Caramel Apple Pie
I have to admit, this recipe was created out of my desire to make caramel apple coconut butter. Then I realized that I would probably eat the entire jar in one sitting (because that may have happened in the past). So, I decided to make it into a fat bomb recipe, to be stored in the fridge and enjoyed as little fat bomb snack bites. Oh yeah, they are like eating little bites of caramel apple pie. Hide them. From yourself.
Well, they actually are good for you. So you can have a few in one sitting. Full of healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and cinnamon (which happens to help regulate blood sugar!). Plus, there is no sugar in this recipe. These are really a great treat for anyone who has blood sugar issues! My kids love them too, they think they are getting a sugary treat.
- 2 medium organic green apples, cored and sliced (if you would like to peel them its up to you, I don’t)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can (5.4oz) coconut cream
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 20 drops english toffee stevia
- In a skillet, saute the apples in the coconut oils until soft
- Add the cinnamon and stir to coat
- In a high-powered blender, combine the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until liquefied
- Pour into silicon molds (go ahead, give it a taste! The “batter” is so tasty!)
- I use a few different sized molds for different snack sizes
- Place into the freezer until firm
- Pop out of molds and store in a plastic bag in the fridge
- Try not to eat them all in one day!