This recipe is inspired by the traditional Coleslaw but I have changed it to fit a healthy low-carb diet. There is no added sugar and I added a small twist by using Russian dressing instead of the regular mustard-based dressing. All this, especially the sriracha, horseradish and pickled cucumber give it a wonderful flavour boost! Easy Keto Russian Slaw!
Easy Keto Russian Slaw – Nutritional
- Total carbs 8.4 grams
- Fiber 2.7 grams
- Sugars 4.1 grams
- Saturated fat 1.9 grams
- Sodium 269 mg(12% RDA)
- Magnesium 17 mg(4% RDA)
- Potassium 296 mg(15% EMR)
- Net carbs 5.7 grams
- Protein 1.7 grams
- Fat 11.1 grams
- Calories 132 kcal
- 1/4 medium head green or white cabbage (250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 small head red cabbage (150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1/2 celeriac (80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 1/2 fennel bulb (120 g / 4.1 oz)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise – you can make your own (75 g / 2.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp soured cream or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce – you can make your own
- medium pickled cucumber (65 g / 2.3 oz)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp freshly grated horseradish
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste (I like pink Himalayan)
- freshly ground black pepper
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Wash, halve and thinly slice the cabbage and fennel or use a food processor with a grating blade. I recently bought this food processor from Kenwood and love it!
- Peel and grate the celeriac and place in a mixing bowl together with the shredded cabbage and fennel.
- Make the Russian dressing. Finely grate the pickled cucumber and horseradish. Place the mayo, soured cream (or coconut milk), Sriracha sauce, lemon juice, finely chopped chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the bowl with the shredded cabbage and combine well.