OMG. Let’s skip right over the crust, and get to the good stuff. Sweet pumpkin, succulent coconut, and a kiss of lemon, all enveloped in a creamy filling. This is low-carb wonderfulness at its finest! Crustless Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie!
Crustless Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie – Nutrition
Net carbs: 7 % (5 g)
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 87 % (26 g)
Protein: 6 % (4 g)
- 2 tbsp butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 4 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 15 oz. pumpkins
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz. butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (optional)
- ¼ lemon, only the zest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, for serving
- Dice the pumpkin into cubes and place in a pan. Add whipping cream, butter and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, let simmer until the pumpkin is soft. It will take at least 15–20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- When the pumpkin is soft, add the remaining ingredients, except for the eggs, and blend to a smooth purée using a hand mixer, immersion blender or food processor.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl with a hand mixer for 2–3 minutes. Add the puréed pumpkin and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9″ baking dish with butter and apply the coconut flakes evenly.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped heavy cream.
The pie will taste its best if you use fresh pumpkin instead of readymade pumpkin purée which contains less carbohydrates, but won’t give the pie its natural sweetness. You want all the pumpkin goodness in this fantastic pie – skip the can! (If possible.)
If you prefer a dairy-free pie, just substitute butter and cream for coconut oil and coconut cream.