Have it your way—keto and delicious! Throw together homemade keto buns and enjoy a classic hamburger, complete with all the fixings! Don’t forget the bacon… Classic Keto Hamburger!
Classic Keto Hamburger – Nutrition
Net carbs: 3 % (6 g)
Fiber: 10 g
Fat: 76 % (87 g)
Protein: 21 % (54 g)
- 1¾ lbs ground beef
- 1 oz. butter or olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 oz. cooked bacon
Keto hamburger buns
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1¼ cups boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Start by making the hamburger buns. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and the egg whites to the bowl while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t overmix the dough; the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- With moist hands, form the dough into individual pieces of bread, one for each serving. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Be sure to leave enough room on the baking sheet for the buns to double in size.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50-60 minutes. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the buns.
- Prepare the condiments while the bread is baking. Shred the lettuce, slice tomato and onion thinly and fry the bacon.
- Form the ground beef into individual hamburgers and either grill or fry. Season with salt and pepper when the hamburgers are almost done.
- Split the breads into halves and spread a generous amount of mayonnaise on both halves.
- Build your hamburger to your taste.
- Pair with a side of coleslaw for added crunch!
What do you do with the three egg yolks left from the bread? Béarnaise sauce, of course! Check out our recipes for béarnaise sauce and chili-flavored béarnaise sauce.
If you need to store the bread you can do so in the freezer. Thaw at room temperature or in a warm oven.