A perfect low-calorie and low-carb option for a quick, light dinner. This cilantro lime shrimp with zucchini noodles is simply drool worthy. Lime and cilantro combo makes for a full-flavored dish that tastes like restaurant quality, while only taking minutes to prepare! A perfect low-carb option when you’re looking for a quick healthy dinner that’s packed with flavor. Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp, shelled and deveined,
- 2 + 1 tablespoons olive oil,
- 4 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional),
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth,
- 1 teaspoon honey,
- Juice of 1 1/2 lime,
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized or cut into noodles,
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste,
- 1 teaspoon lime zest,
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped.
Directions for Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon cilantro, honey, lime juice and lime zest. Add uncooked shrimp and toss to mix well. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the drained shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, and add the marinade. Cook for 1 more minute and set the shrimp aside.
- In the same skillet add vegetable broth to deglaze and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and adjust seasoning. Toss everything and serve immediately topped with additional cilantro.