Everybody loves caramel! If you haven’t had a dessert with salted caramel, then you are missing out. The salted caramel makes this Salted Caramel Apple Sheet Cake recipe amazing!
This delicious apple cake is beyond moist and has caramel frosting infused in each and every bite. This cake literally melts in your mouth!
- 2 cups flour plus 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups peeled and chopped green apples
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- 6 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup caramel sauce (you can use prepared topping).
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan combine butter, water and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil, add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in between each addition. Stir in apples.
- Pour into a 15 x 13 inch, greased pan (you can also you a 9 x 13 so you may have to adjust the cooking time because they will be slightly thicker).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, make frosting by combining butter, and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Microwave until butter is melted. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and caramel sauce and stir until smooth. Pour frosting evenly over cooled cake.
It makes enough to serve a crowd and is sure to be a huge hit with whoever tries it! We could not get enough of this salted caramel apple sheet cake! It is absolutely amazing!
Definitely put this on your must-make-fall-treats list! You will not regret it!