What’s more comforting and satisfying than? How about meatloaf wrapped in bacon, seasoned perfectly, and dowsed with a rich, creamy gravy? Yep. I think that’ll do. That’ll do just fine. Bacon-Wrapped Keto Meatloaf!
Bacon-Wrapped Keto Meatloaf – Nutrition
Net carbs: 2 % 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Fat: 79 % 90 g
Protein: 19 % 48 g
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 25 oz. ground beef or ground lamb or ground pork
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 oz. sliced bacon
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream, for the gravy
- ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the onion until soft but not browned.
- Mix the ground meat in a bowl. Add all other ingredients, except the bacon. Mix well, but avoid overworking it because this can make the end result too dense.
- Form into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Wrap the loaf in bacon.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes. If the bacon begins to overcook before the meat is done, cover with aluminum foil and lower the heat a bit.
- Save the juices that have accumulated in the baking dish, and use to make the gravy. Mix the juices and the cream in a smaller sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let simmer for 10–15 minutes until it has the right consistency. If you want, use a little tamari soy sauce to taste.
- Serve with freshly boiled broccoli or cauliflower with butter, salt and pepper or any other side dish of your choice.
Tip! Bacon-Wrapped Keto Meatloaf
Want some variety? We have an entire atlas of ideas for you to make this recipe new and exciting every time you make it!
Go Greek by adding crumbled feta, pitted Kalamata olives, cinnamon and thyme. If you’re in the mood for Italian, finely chop some sun-dried tomatoes and grate some parmesan into the mix – or toss in some pesto, parmesan and green olives. Feeling more French? Reach for a little Dijon mustard, tarragon and grated gruyere cheese. Some finely chopped chorizo and padrón peppers will whisk you away to Spain. Or head down to Tex Mex country by bringing some jalapenos, shredded Monterey Jack, chili powder, coriander and fresh cilantro to the party. Use your imagination and travel the globe!