Think healthy and hearty paleo cooking takes forever? Got 20 minutes? Here’s a unique surf and turf kind of paleo meal that’s quick and easy. And it’s loaded with wholesome, nutritious stuff which makes it even better. 20-Minute Shrimp & Sausage Paleo Skillet Meal!
20-Minute Shrimp & Sausage Paleo Skillet Meal
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Old Bay Seasoning, it’s awesome! Your mom and grandma probably had this in their cupboard. And for good reason. It’s a 70-year-old secret mix of herbs and spices that includes celery salt, red pepper, mustard, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, paprika and some other ingredients they don’t list.
I love it. It adds an awesome zip to seafood and poultry. And it’s really inexpensive compared to most pre-mixed spices. Be sure and add this classic to your spice rack!
- 1 lb of medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 oz of smoked sausage, chopped
- Cup diced red bell pepper
- Cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- Zucchini, chopped
- Asparagus, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Coconut oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with some olive oil or coconut oil.
- Season shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning.
- Cook shrimp about 3-4 minutes until opaque – remove and set aside.
- Cook onions and bell peppers in skillet with 2 Tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add sausage and zucchini, asparagus to the skillet, cook another 2 minutes.
- Put cooked shrimp back into skillet along with the garlic, and cook everything for about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken stock into pan and mix through to moisten everything.
- Add salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve hot.